Reflections. Celebrations. Life.

Reflections. Celebrations. Life.

Friday, July 23, 2010

summer recap

Ryne and I have had such an eventful summer...I wanted to recap some of the highlights of our summer together =).

June
We went to Chicago for our 1st anniversary and completely fell in love with that city. It's really awesome. It was such a great way to celebrate the first year of our life together.
Ryne and I in the elevator on our way up to the "VIP" room at the House of Blues in Chicago.

I was able to help with VBS at church this year (for the first time). Annie and I taught a 4th grade class together...it was a great experience getting to show God's love to those kids and especially be able to share that with my sister! Since then, Ryne and I have started helping out in childrens church on Sunday mornings. It is our first time getting to serve in a ministry together as a couple...I believe God has some great things in store for us there.
Miss Annie & Miss Anna at VBS...that wasn't confusing at all for our kids. ;)

We took a float trip down a river in Missouri with some friends of ours. It was our first time camping together and we got to use our new tent =) I was SO thankful that we had electricity and were able to have a fan blowing on us all night when we slept. Lol.
The group right before floating down the river...all day...I was SO tired when we finally got back to camp.


July
Ryne and I were fortunate enough to be able to go on vacation to the Lake of the Ozarks for the 4th of July! We spent a week in a condo with his family...we went out on the boat and the seadoo's everyday and it was SO much fun! Here is the only picture I have from the trip...
Chrysy and I on the "Great Big Mable" tube...right before we almost got destroyed by some huge waves!

Ryne's mom, Chrysy, participated in the Miss Plus America beauty pageant in Monroe, Louisiana. She represented Kansas as Mrs. Plus Kansas...she looked amazing and did so great competing! I know I could never be graceful enough to do something like that.
Grandma Carole, Chrysy, and I at the Miss Plus America Pageant.

And here is what we do in between all of the craziness...

Summer has gone by so so fast it feels like, but we still have about a month before it ends. We will see what else Summer will bring us!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun summer! : ) I'm glad you guys have been able to travel so much and enjoy time off school!

    ReplyDelete