Reflections. Celebrations. Life.

Reflections. Celebrations. Life.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Baby No. 2 - Coffee, Diapers, and Joy


In the past week...
We've had less sleep than we've had in the past 3 years.
We've consumed 50 gallons of coffee.
We've changed 30 little diapers. 
Then had to wash baby poop off of the comforter.
We've slept with two little boys in our bed...and two big dogs. All at once.
We've consoled a crying newborn, and wiped the tears of our 3 year old. 
We've consumed 50 gallons of coffee. 
Did I mention we've consumed a whole lot of coffee?


And I cannot even begin to describe the amount of joy that has flooded our hearts in the past seven days. It's like this natural high we've been on for days, and it just won't go away. There are always so many uncertainties with a new baby that bring a certain level of insecurity and doubt in new parents, 
and it's not to say there haven't been those. 

But the moments when the joy comes rushing in like a powerful wave on the coast overwhelm my heart and the uncertainties and doubt are drowned in my absolute adoration for my three guys. 

My family. This is the good stuff. 


If you'd have told me last year that the pain I was feeling post-miscarriage would lead to this joy, I'm honestly not sure I would have believed you. B

But today I can say God's promises are true



I've found myself looking at my husband thinking, how in the hell did I get this lucky? Excuse my french but, seriously. 

He's on the high too. 

I've watched him dive in completely...without any hesitation or frustration. "You are fully embracing the dad life, aren't you?" I asked him last night as we drove around looking at Christmas lights. He looked over at me with the fullest smile I've ever seen and he didn't need to answer. 

My cup runneth over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment