Reflections. Celebrations. Life.

Reflections. Celebrations. Life.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Change is abrewin'

In the last month we have -

  1.  Had 2 doctors appointments (all appears normal except for baby's feet, which for us is a huge blessing!)
  2. Nursery mostly set up - finished painting, crib, changing table, closet, etc.
  3. Took a mini-vacation to the lake (one of our favorite places EVER!)
  4. Decided on a name....Hudson Douglas :)
  5. Started setting up and prepping 2 classrooms for the upcoming school year (Ry got a job!)
We also had our maternity session with Kim Joyce Photography!

So with all that being said, it's pretty much pointless for me to say that we've had a CRAZY summer so far. But it's been incredible all at the same time. As we start to look to the future we've got some even crazier months ahead of us! Just take a look at this...
  • August - School starts for both, sale at Restoration Emporium (we are currently working to stock up our booth)
  • September - Baby Hudson arrives (castings begin immediately after he's born, weekly), sale at Restoration Emporium, Anna takes maternity leave, Ry is coaching football...
  • October - Hopefully will be a slower month as we will be adjusting to life with Hudson, and juggling all else (Anna will still be on maternity leave).
Okay, so since I am switching districts this year AND having a baby in September, I have been SUPER anxious about getting a lot accomplished in my classroom. I guess I just want to be ahead of the game this year since I had about a week to throw it all together last year! Luckily I was able to get right into my classroom right after school ended in May to move all my stuff in and put it away in cabinets so the custodial staff could clean. Well, they finished cleaning my room last week, so I was finally able to get in there and start making it happen this week!

Here are some pictures of the progress...still MUCH to accomplish but I feel like the bulk of it is complete :)

From doorway looking in

Outside of door

$5 Savers crate & some Pinterest inspired items


Trying a new thing this year...Bucket Fillers (waiting on the book to get here!)

Looking at the front of the room

View of back of the room

Star of the Week Board and Mrs. Huff's desk

My cabinets were really awkwardly placed and I had this weird unused space in between them, had some extra desks so decided to put one here to use as a safe seat/quiet spot.

View of doorway/front from my desk

Guided reading table
Sorry...out of order, but this one is of when you first walk in to the right. Student mail and calendar with important dates/announcements.

No comments:

Post a Comment