Reflections. Celebrations. Life.

Reflections. Celebrations. Life.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Grandma's Everywhere!

This past week Ryne, Hudson and I took our very first road trip as a family of three. How exciting! I actually was pretty nervous about how it would turn out because spending hours in the car is not exactly Hudson's idea of a good time. So, I pulled up my bootstraps, made a list (I LIVE with lists!) and packed us up (okay, Ry actually did all of the heavy lifting) and we were on the road!

Our first stop was in Marshfield, MO. Hudson met his Great-Great-Grandma! We had a family BBQ out in the country and enjoyed a wonderful church service that Hudson's Di Di Annie helped lead the worship in. What a great couple of days it was!

5 Generations 

Hudson & his Great Grandma Becky

Driving a big red tractor!

Our family - Hudson wanting down!

Group shot


Di Di Annie worshiping Jesus - we love listening to her sing! 
 We then headed to Arkansas to visit Hudson's other Great Grandma, cousin, and Great Aunt & Uncle. It was a great time visiting. My baby is a natural road tripper!

Hudson & Great Grandma Nita

After a wonderful mini-vacation, we packed up (even MORE stuff then we came with) and headed home. This drive was a full 4 hours so we prepared for a long haul. We were only forced to stop once when Hudson was over the top "hangry" (hungry & angry). So we pulled off to the side of the road and had ourselves a little makeshift picnic. What fun it was. I figure we did pretty good considering my own history of road trips as a baby (long story short, 4 hr drive to the lake, hot sweaty car in the 80's, and poop. Haha, I'll let your imagination fill in the gaps there. But I will tell you my parents had to pull of the side of the road to a little gas station and hose me down.)

Love his baby blues

Goin' for the blueberries. And thank goodnesss for those little disposable placemats!

Happy full tummy baby

Love those little teethies!

1 comment:

  1. I love you Mrs. Huff. You are the best wife any man could ever ask for.

    ReplyDelete