Reflections. Celebrations. Life.

Reflections. Celebrations. Life.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Answers

It's been a few months since my last post. I had assumed I would blog more when summer hit, but I have been so consumed with spending time with my little family it's been difficult to sit down and do it. Should I also mention I've started my MASTERS! I'm a crazy girl, I know. But I have to get it done before any more babes. That's my goal. Being a professional, an effective teacher, its important to me and I didn't want to loose that in myself. I want to be fair to myself and show my son how to follow Gods will for his life even when it's not cookie cutter simple. That's that. I'm doing it, and I wouldn't have had the faith to jump into it had my husband not pushed me! He's my support. So that being said, I just finished my homework for the night and wanted to reflect on today and the past few months (since I am such a dedicated blogger).

RANT: I will NEVER be a that insanely amazing perfect blogger, with tons of projects completed, organized house, life, etc. SORRY. AND it's hard sometimes because I am such a perfectionist. That's why Pinterest is bad for me sometimes. Makes be feel constantly inadequate.

BUT THEN I REMEMBER: My little family is IMPERFECTLY PERFECT. And I LOVE this life. So its okay. It's messy sometimes. And then I clean it up. :) Haha. My hubby hates it when I get all OCD. 

Okay, so past few months have been wonderful. Summer began and we HAVE been working on some house projects, some baby projects, and have been loving our time with Huddy.

Recap of the past few months:
1. Hudson has 4 teeth.
2. Hudson can crawl.
3. Hudson talks and laughs ALL of the time. It is PURE joy.
4. Hudson is pulling up. Freaking me out.
5. House has been BABY PROOFED!
6. Hudson eats ALL of time! And he feeds himself. He's like a real little human. Whoa. 
7. Hudson loves to swim.
8. Mommy is a nervous wreck all of the time with all this movement.
9. Feet check up NEXT WEEK. (Crossing our fingers for daytime FREE feet, aka, boots and brace will only be worn while sleeping.)
10. God has still been faithful. No words.
A boy and his dog. He is in love with Lucy. We warned her this would happen. She definitely had it coming!

Discovering black beans are SO messy, but SO fun. Boys.

Enjoying Nanna & Pop Pop's pool.

The face of ornery!
Today we had a long awaited appointment to get some answers about Hudson's club feet and minor hand issues. First of all, can I just say how blessed we are to have such a wonderful Children's hospital right here in our city with so many wonderful doctors and nurses? Ok, yes. It's true. It's wonderful. 

Today we met with a Genetics doctor. We went in with several puzzle pieces, club feet, deformities in his hands, fused spinal bones, and possibly some eye, and heart issues. We left with a diagnosis. Hudson has what is called Duane-Radial Ray Syndrome. It's a pretty huge answer to prayer to know now what this disorder is that has affected my family for five generations now. It's what I have with my little crooked thumb, and what several other family members have. For so long, they assumed Hudson's clubfeet was an isolated case, but today we discovered that clubfeet is just a variation of this syndrome. He may have a slight "lazy eye" although not very noticeable. He also has a very small heart murmur, which is not of huge concern as they are fairly common. One of the other symptoms of this syndrome is hearing loss so Hudson will go in for regular hearing tests. His Daddy also has mid range hearing loss and that's a family trait on his side so it's pretty possible Hudson will have to deal with some of that as well. 

I just wanted to cry today. At first, I was so happy to finally know that we had a diagnosis and that we could use that to know what to expect. So I wanted to cry because I was happy. It's a big deal. Then, it was all just a little overwhelming, and I wanted to cry because I didn't know what his future would bring him. It took me back to the same moment when we discovered he had club feet to begin with. Isn't every mother's wish for their child to live a full, happy, wonderful life? That's all I want for my precious Huddy. I never want ANY syndrome, label, disorder, disease, abnormality, or difference to stop him from doing what he wants to accomplish. Never. And I never want to see him hurting or sad because he feels he isn't accepted or that he can't do something. I know any good parent feels this same way. 

So then I find myself remembering that these doubts, and fears, they don't have any substance. The devil is doing his darndest to get me to feel defeated. And I refuse to give into that. I have hope that my little man is going to do GREAT things. I've said it all along, God has BIG plans for this kid. Just look at that last picture! 

Man, when I think about how my heart aches at that the thought of my baby hurting in any way shape or form it makes me wonder if this is any glimpse of how Jesus feels when we are hurting? Goodness. It's overwhelming. 

I can honestly tell you that Hudson doesn't have any directly serious medical issues from this syndrome and for that, I am grateful. This adventure of parenting is wonderful, and I am blessed God chose me to be Hudson's mommy. 


Anna

4 comments:

  1. Wow Anna, you inspire me and I am so grateful for you and I love seeing what God has done and is doing in your heart and life! It's so amazing because it felt as though the Holy Spirit was speaking through your words! I love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I read this, tears cane to my eye. Not from being g sad or happy. I could feel the passion that you put into writing this. God is truly amazing. Karen is so right in what she said. Y'all are awesome parents. I love what you, Ryan, and Hudson have. I can't wait to see all of yall. Love ya..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Bryan, this post made me cry. I think because you nailed how all parents feel. We want our children to be happy and we want to keep them from hurting. When you pondered about how our heavenly Father must feel when we are hurting that pushed me right over the edge. Now, I hear little people waking that I must go kiss and hug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You bless us daily. Hudson is a precious and perfect gift.

    ReplyDelete