Reflections. Celebrations. Life.

Reflections. Celebrations. Life.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

judgement & gossip

I have been thinking a lot about judgment and gossip lately. I feel like God has really been working on helping me notice how much I actually do these things. It's so hard to pull yourself out of the habit of doing them and I find myself realizing that they are not only not glorifying to God, but in fact I am doing more harm by participating in them, than I am by just abstaining.

For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
-Matthew 7:2

A man who lacks judgement derides his neighbor, but a man of understanding holds his tongue. A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy man keeps a secret.
-Proverbs 11:12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment