Reflections. Celebrations. Life.

Reflections. Celebrations. Life.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

And then life happens...

Well people, we've been a busy family lately. The last time I posted we were on Christmas break!

Between now and then, we have really watched our little man grow and I have fallen more and more in love with him with each passing day. Who thought it was possible to feel so connected to another person?

I have been beating myself up lately for not being so great at keeping up with this. So much happens in just a month and then all of a sudden, three months have passed. He is SO big! Hudson will turn 6 months on Tuesday! How can that much time have already passed? I guess life happens, huh?

Well, Ry and I have been busy juggling mommy/daddy life with our guy and both of our careers. I've been trying to find that "happy medium" between being healthy and going to workouts, and devoting myself to my family. It's hard.

One of the latest, most exciting things that has happened to our family is that we will soon be guest posting on an amazing club foot blog that really helped us along the way in the beginning! I have always felt that it was important for us to share our story, and that God has a plan for what we have experienced as first time parents and this is just a small way of doing that! Their blog reaches many people, and is a favorite on one of my clubfeet mama message boards!  I hope that you will visit the Barrett's blog, Faith, Feet, and Love and read about their journey as well. They are wonderful God-loving people. :) I have been working on our story for their blog, and am taking my time so that it is exactly what needs to be shared. Cannot wait for you to read it!

In other news, we are headed to Florida in a couple of days! Hudson's first ever trip away from home and we are SO excited! I will be SURE to post after we get back all about our adventures!

As far as my new years resolutions go, I am working towards being a more intentionally loving wife. Currently focusing on these two reminders:

1. Marriage is made up of two good forgivers - Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

2. At some point, you will have to learn that life isn't all about you - Philippians 2:3 Do nothing of selfish ambition or vain conceit but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

Goals for the next two months:
1. Start a baby scrapbook for Hudson (digital or paper)
2. Start journaling so that I can remember some of Hudson's firsts, and as a way of prayer.
3. Devote more time to family, and be more selfLESS!

Here are a few pictures to tide you over :)
Hudson's first snow! We had 20+ inches in two weeks! Lot's of fun snow days for the Huff family!

My little love bug can finally fit into his sweet little bear hat!

Mama/Baby love!

Hudson's dedication January 2013, I was so afraid that he was going to puke all over pastor Jeren, but he didn't! What a very special day of dedicating our precious little man to the Lord!

We are eating veggies now!

Hudson loves his Lucy girl and I think she kind of loves him too!

Auntie Annie is one of Hudson's favorite people!

Hudson sleeping in the basement at Restoration Emporium.

Ryne working on painting our fireplace, adding the finishing touches to the new living room!

Most recent progress made so far. Still need to glaze and decorate! :)
 Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment